Reducing your energy usage can make a difference in your business’ bottom line and help to lower your overall costs on a monthly basis. Your commercial refrigeration in Florida is a significant contributor to your energy bill, but it doesn’t have to be a drain on your bank account. With a few energy-saving techniques, you can help to reduce your energy costs and see savings all year round with your commercial refrigeration. Try incorporating the following features into your commercial refrigeration to enjoy reduced costs to your business:
- Add LED lighting: By adding more energy efficient lighting to your commercial refrigeration in Florida, you will be able to save on your energy bill. LED lighting creates less heat in your cooler and will last significantly longer than traditional light bulbs. Not only will your cooler display look more attractive, but it will also save you money in the long run. Plus, allowing by allowing these lights to activate only when a customer needs them to, you will be paying for minimal operation instead of constant use.
- Use energy management controllers: Switching to energy management controllers will allow you to control your commercial refrigeration in Florida more effectively by using smart technology versus manual operation. Your energy management controllers can operate the lighting, defrost and other functions within your commercial refrigerator, allowing you to manage them automatically without having to remember to do so. This can provide you with cost savings on your energy bill, as you will be able to maintain the proper cooling requirements at all times.
- Incorporate glass doors: Adding glass doors to your commercial refrigeration in Florida will allow your coolers to maintain temperature more easily and for a longer time. You won’t lose cooling to the open air, which works to save you money by allowing your commercial refrigeration to hold its temperature more consistently. This also works to enhance your coolers, as the glass doors offer an aesthetic appeal along with their function.
- Install micro-channel condenser coils: Having these cutting-edge technological components installed in your commercial refrigeration in Florida will allow you to operate your equipment at the optimal levels. Your cooler won’t have to run as often or as hard, resulting in reduced energy consumption. You will also be able to maintain your refrigeration charge longer, making this a more environmentally friendly addition to your commercial refrigeration.
- Switch to ECM fan motors: With the addition of these more effective fan motors, you will use less energy to cool your commercial refrigeration in Florida, as they are designed to provide efficient operating speeds for the fan coil units in your cooling system. These small additions can make a big impact on your energy bill.
Through some simple modifications to your commercial refrigeration in Florida, you can see a reduction in your energy costs, as you will be able to keep your products cool without losing energy or operating inefficiently. To have these upgrades added to your commercial refrigeration, contact 5 Star Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Inc. We offer sales, service, installation and repair of commercial refrigeration for food industry clients, and look forward to assisting you soon.